Exim/Fetchmail (Re:Was Unidentified subject!)

At 08:10 PM 3/25/98 -0600, you wrote:

>If you're going to move from smail to anything else at the moment, I'd
>recommend exim over sendmail unless you're already really comfortable
>with sendmail.  There's even been some noise recently about Debian
>switching from smail to exim as the default mailer.
>
>With respect to your fetchmail problems, holler again if exim doesn't
>fix the problem, and I'll see what I can suggest.
>
>--
>Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
>PGP fingerprint = E8 0E 0D 04 F5 21 A0 94  53 2B 97 F5 D6 4E 39 30

Rob,

	Sounds like you have a handle on this. I am using exim and fetchmail. I
started to use smail, but advice from someone else on the list convenced me
to use exim. So that is installed and running. Now I can send mail with no
problem with Pine. But receiving mail is another story.

	I get an error message from the POP3 server that the name is not
acceptable. It wants a domain name on it.

	Here's the headers from a message I sent myself from debian to my other
system. (which I am in now).