Re: Unidentified subject!

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:32:41 +0100, Havas Gergo wrote:
> Hello
> I installed debian 1 months ago. I've benn trying to setup X-windows since
> that time. But any time I start XF86Setup after a few minutes it's frozen,
> and I have to login again. Sometimes it writes that some files are missing
> or incorrect, but does it so fast that I can't read which are those.
> If you have any tips or suggestions please write me.
> Thanks
> Havas Gergo

If you can, switch to VC1 (virtual console #1) with CTRL-ALT-F1.  You
might find the messages are there.  Alternatively, look in your user's
home directory for the .xsession-errors file.  "Dotfiles" (i.e. those
beginning with a dot) aren't visible with regular "ls", you need to use
the "-a" param (all): "ls -a".  I just use filerunner (fr) and click on
the "show all files" setting.
--
David Stern