Re: opendos fdisk *shifted* my partitions?

jonas wrote,

>This is exactly what OpenDOS did with my Linux system too. I fixed the
>problem by using Linux fdisk. I noted all the start and end cylinders of
>all partitions, then I removed them all and recreated them at their proper
>places. No information on the partitions were lost in the process, but
>don't take my word for it. You should always have backups.

I've simply shifted the values in fstag and lilo.conf.

It turns out that the problem getting lilo to work again came from using a installation disk to set it up; it used

   boot=/dev/hda3
 rather than
   boot=/dev/hda

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.