Re: Installing with LS-120 drive

It seems that I did not understand what is the problem.
I thought you can't *start* the installation process because the machine has
no "normal" floppy drive. Reading your reply made me thought that the problem
is that the installation process does not run becuase the default kernel could
not get loaded. Where this problem is due to the special floppy drive.
Well, if I got it correctly this time then a possible solution might be to get
the installation process to start using a custom kernel. Where the custom
kernel will not look for the fd, because it was compiled without any fd
support.
In any case, I am thinking of ways to make /dev/hdb the root partition.