Re: Tcl/Tk source ?

> > I wondered if there is a way to 'mimic' install/remove with dpkg?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> >     Mac
> >

> If you go to /var/lib/dpkg, you will find a file called status. This
> appears to be how dselect keeps track of what's installed/configured/etc.
> The format is pretty self explanitory, so you should be able to hack the
> status line of the package in question, "fooling" dselect into thinking it
> installed the package.

Mucking with status file is a Very Bad Idea (tm).  There was ascii2deb utility
floating around in random .deb files ;-) a while ago.  It does not seem to be
present in hamm.  There is also an equivs package available in hamm which
should do the job well.  Due to its nature, you should be safe with installing
it on a bo system (it does not use libc6 and such)

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com