Re: Debian Linux & Cross Compiling

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 Robert_Floyd@inetinc.com wrote:

>      I am new to Debian Linux and I would like to know the following:
>
>      Does Debian GNU/Linux have all the abilities of the GNU CC utilities
>      to cross compile to a Hitachi SH-1 microprocessor?
>
>      If so, do I need to jump through some hoops to get my code to the SH-1
>      target with Debian GNU/Linux or is it very similiar to GNU?

Debian does not come with cross-compiling tools, since it is impossible to
anticipate the cross-compiling needs of our users.  You will have to build
a cross-compiling system yourself, the gcc and binutils packages from
your favorate gnu mirror (ftp.gnu.org is one) include directions on how to
build a cross-compiling suite.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/