Re: locks and compiling mutt

On Mon, Mar 09, 1998 at 09:57:49AM +0100, jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 07, 1998 at 10:51:55AM -0500, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> > I'm compiling mutt for a bo system.
>
> Why aren't you using the Debian .diff.gz as a basis?
>
> > IIRC there was a discussion on
> > locks a couple days ago. It appears that I should use:
> >   ./configure --enable-flock --disable-fcntl
> > Can someone verify this?  Thanks.
>
> Per Debian policy, all mail programs should use dotlocking only.  The Debian
> mutt package has --disable-fcntl, and no --enable-flock, which makes mutt
> use dotlocking.
>
> HTH,
> Ray

Thanks for the help.  I recompiled with these options and also looked at
mutt's .diff.gz in the hamm directory for future reference.  I really
should learn more about dpkg so I can cleanly add packages that aren't
in the official distribution.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee.bradshaw@mindspring.com (preferred)
Next Level Communications    bradshaw@nlc.com