Re: Debian 2.0 unstable

I don't know what you did but I upgraded two systems to 2.0 in the last
week and have had no trouble with it.  Note that I DID NOT use the auto
upgrade script, I simply upgraded the three or four packages I needed to
manually and then used dselect's FTP method to upgrade the remainder.

It has been working just fine.

Could you run dpkg again and let me know by email which packages it is
failing to find if you want to work through this?

On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, Carroll Kong wrote:

> Fails to startup... says.. "cannot solved unresolved symbols
> X_global_lock
> XUnlockMutex_fn
> XlockMutex_fn
>
> I am seriously considering nuking the partition and starting over.  Or... should
> I ... <gasp>  consider Red Hat instead?
>
> Carroll Kong
>
> On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, George Bonser wrote:
>

> > If some packages failed to install, it might be because they depended on
> > packages that got installed AFTER them.  Fire dselect up and select the
> > install option a couple of different times. I think I had to go through
> > the install and configure options a two or three times to get everything
> > installed.
> >
> > As for the Accel-X, is it starting and then dying later or is it failing
> > to start at all?
> >

> > George Bonser
> > If NT is the answer, you didn't understand the question. (NOTE: Stolen sig)
> > http://www.debian.org
> > Debian/GNU Linux ... the maintainable operating system.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org