Re: wu-ftpd and anonymous ftp

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Jason Ish wrote:

> I'm running hamm and have just installed the wu-ftpd server for the purpose
> of an anonymous ftp account.  I thought I had everything working, or so it
> appeared to work from any command line ftp client (linux/win95), but when a
> friend tried to get to it using wsftp, no directory listing was given to
> him.
>
> Whats the cause of this and how do I fix it please.  (I did read all the
> docs).

You need to build either a static version (i.e., loads no dynamic libs) of ls,
or else locate the dynamic version _plus_ copies of any libs it loads. Next put
them into appropriate directories of /home/ftp (user ftp's home dir).

Then, wu-ftpd will call that ls when asked for a directory listing from anon
users.

Something-to-try department:

Consider trying proftpd; it does not require any extra things in the anon
dir; it takes care of everything itself.

-Jim