python import question: /lib/libm.so.5: undefined symbol: __getfpucw

I recently moved a machine from 1.3 to unstable and am now
getting lib errors when I try to import a python module.  The
module (dislin) is one I've installed myself, as is the python
version (1.5).  Before the move to libc6, this worked fine.
After the move I recompiled python and now find that importing
dislin gives me this error:

-----------
Python 1.5 (#11, Feb 26 1998, 15:46:35)  [GCC 2.7.2.3] on linux2
>>> import dislin
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: /lib/libm.so.5: undefined symbol: __getfpucw

I don't know how to track down this problem though.  Does anyone
know if this is a problem in my libm.so.5 (part of the
oldlibs/libc5 package)?  Or is it likely that I'll have to come
up with a libc6 version of the dislin library?

A related question - how does one list the symbols in a shared
library?

Mike