Re: I need help

First, thanks to all the people that has posted to this thread.

Second, I want to explain some point here. I have Debian 1.3.1 with ppp
installed from the 1.3.1 cd ( ppp_2_2... don't remember ) and I found the
pon and poff files.

I checked my ppp.chatscript and ppp.options_out scripts according to the
sugestions here, but when I type pon I got nothing, and off course poff
returns "no pppd running".

I also tryed dialing directly to my ISP using minicom and I got this:
ii
    Entering PPP Mode
    IP Address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    MTU is xxxx

That's it!

I was told by my ISP tech. support that they use PAP. I think I modified the
options file according to the Robert Hart's howto
 http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO.html ) but I may be wrong or I
just did it wrong! ( that's for sure! ;-)

Any ideas? Am I in the right path?

Thanks again to all of you.

Ivan