Re: Ensoniq sound problems

   I installed the Debian xmcd and xmix packages but I initially couldn't run
   them because the CD and mixer devices had 660 permissions.  After I
   changed the permissions to 666, I could run them.  Is this a bug in hamm?

Probably not.  You might not want everyone who has access to your
computer to be using these devices.  A better solution than chmoding
to 666 is adding the appropriate users to the group that owns the
devices.  For IDE CD devices, this might include changing the group
that owns the device.