Re: Have a question about Debian..

     One possibililty is that the files were downloaded as ASCII
files, not binary.  Most ftp servers display a message similar to
"Opening BINARY mode data connection for <file_name>" when they start
downloading a file.  Ftp servers on UNIX machines usually default to
binary, but some ftp servers or clients will default to ASCII.  At the
ftp prompt enter "binary" to make sure you get a binary download.

     Did you download using DOS or Linux?

--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>