Re: afterstep

On Tue, 03 Mar 1998 14:16:41 PST, "Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella" wrote:

> I upgraded afterstep to 1.4, but I had to downgrade it back to 1.0,
> cuz the new one did not get any of my old confs, and looked horrible!
>
> Did I do anything wrong?

You need to follow the instructions in:
  /usr/doc/afterstep/README.gz

I didn't try it, but there's a -f param if you want to use your crufty
old .steprc , not that you would -- the new file layout is exceptional.
 You can skip that part about the security hole if you give each user
their own copy of the GNUstep/library/afterstep (don't cp startmenu to
/usr/lib/afterstep).

If sloppy focus is new and that bothers you, you can change that in:
   ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/desktop/feels/feel.Debian
(by uncommenting  "# ClickToFocus", commenting "SloppyFocus")

You may also want to modify:   (assuming 16bpp, adjust accordingly)
  ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/base.16bpp     (for icon locations),
  ~GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/autoexec.16bpp  (for startup apps), and
  ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/wharf          (for .. you guessed it)

Well, back to smail fun..
--
David Stern