TeTeX (was Re: SGML-Tools)

In an article shaul@rakefet.debian.org wrote:
|However, I don't have latex (nor latex2e). I have tetex instead. I
|thought tetex is a latex substition, at least when looking at basics
|functionality. Indeed the sgml-tools package did not comment on this,
|even though latex is one of its sugestions. And in any case,

Just a point of clarification. TeTex is just a LaTeX2e distribution,
just as Debian is a linux distribution. TeTeX includes various things
that make it easier to get a LaTeX installation up and running.

Gary Hennigan
Contract Employee, Sandia National Labs
Parallel Computational Sciences; Div. 9221
Albuquerque, NM
email: glhenni@cs.sandia.gov
Phone: (505)845-7558