Re: wierd ppp/pon bug?

You may want to reset your modem between dials (in a chatscript):
""       "\nATZ\n"

Actually I have a fairly complicated ppp setup (multiple numbers and login
methods that are tried in order), so I have a seperate reset script that
looks like:

ABORT    OK
ABORT    "NO CARRIER"
TIMEOUT  5
""       "\nATZ\n"
"OK"     "\d\d\d+++\n"
""       "\d\nATZ\n"
"OK"

and I don't care if it aborts (actually, I want it to).  The +++ is a
signal to the modem to pay attention to you and stop sending data.

Brandon

P.S. if you are interested, I'll send you all my configs (minus
passwords).

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds