Re: I need help (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from peterp -----

Subject: Re: I need help
To: iirojas@jps.net (Ivan & Ines Rojas)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 08:30:27 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
======

> I just finish installing and setting my linux box, which wasn't a easy job
> for a windows user :-) and then I decided to use PPP.
> I install the module accordingly with the PPP-HOWTO but I'm missing the
> ppp-on and ppp-off files.

Apart from compiling the module into kernel, you also need to instal the ppp
package. It provides both pon, poff scripts and all the daemons needed to
succesfully run PPP.

> Please help me, I really want to try linux connected to internet, I've been
> trying 4 months to setup this machine and right now I just can logon, mess
> around and type "shutdown -r now". I'm starting to feel a little frustrated

Head up! Until I happened to understand Linux a bit, it took five and half
months :)))

> Thanks a lot.

Don't mention it... Hope it helps.
Just write when it won't work.