smail & fetchmail

Sorry to jump in the discussion so late: what is the problem of smail and
fetchmail? I switched some times ago from sendmail to smail (hamm) and
I got few problem with fetchmail, but was due to (I believe) my fault and
to the fact that smail seems more strict:

	- the invisible flag of fetchmail doesn't work (my host name is
          not on the DNS);
        - I had to add the smtphost localhost entry in my fetchmail.

A part from that, everything seems working fine ... Only sometimes some mails
are not accepted because smail can't resolve the address to a legal address
coming from the DNS. Last thing is that if I add bith interface and monitor
to the fetchmailrc, fetchmail segfault after retrieving the mail ...

Are there more problems that I'm just lucky I didn't incur into?

graziano