Netscape fails to automatically open ps, ram, ...

Netscape is showing the following error box when I try to open
postscripts, sound file, etc:

sh: -c line 1: missing closing ')' for arithmetic expression
sh: -c line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
sh: -c line 1: '((gv /tmp/MO34FAF5B0003B1); rm /tmp/MO34FAF5B0003B1 )&'

This is probably connected with some recent changes the I have made in
the system. Has anyone had this kind of problem?

Some typical lines in my .mailcap file are the following

image/*;Netscape
application/postscript;gv %s
application/x-dvi; xdvi %s
audio/x-pn-realaudio; rvplayer %s

I am using Netscape Communicator 4.04 for Linux 2.0.32

Thanks in advance,

                               Fernando