Yikes, sorry. (Was Re: make-kpkg)

In debian-user, I wrote an inane test message, not even setting
the subject to "test" ;-/.
Just because I was completely certain it wouldn't get out.
So much for certainty.

To make up, debian success story. Except for fighting with
deselect a bit, like everyone, especially the first time
round, install was painless, and I got almost all I wanted
directly from the CD the first time.

Am making plans for replacing several RedHats with Debian.

Only one thing I don't really like: sure, we do get shadow
passwords if we ask for them (and oh joy, xlock knows that!)
but why do we get asked at all?  Are there any reasons at all
for keeping crypted passwords in /etc/passwd ?