copy/paste in xterm

Hello X-guru's,

On some debian machines I encounter the following problem:

when copying and pasting text among xterms, I find that trailing spaces
after lines of text are copied as well, so that each copied line has
exactly the width of the terminal.  Does anyone know where this
annoying behaviour comes from, it doesn't occur on all systems I
manage.

Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032