Re: Activate Lilo

Abou Anber <ahmed@qse.tohoku.ac.jp> writes:

>       First I have windows 95 system and I installed Debian system.
> After I installed debian system I can choose through lilo which system
> I want start. After some time Some problem was occured in windows 95,
> which make me reinstall windows 95 again. At that time lilo don't work.

Find the rescue/install disk.  Find out (remember/guess) which
partition is your root partition, then boot the rescue disk with the
command line:

    rescue root=/dev/hda3

or whatever partition is your "/" partition.

Now run "lilo" in case it's been uninstalled, and "activate /dev/hda 3"
or wherever lilo is installed (look at boot= in /etc/lilo.conf).
(Yes, there *is* a space there.)

You can add something like the following to the bottom of your
/etc/lilo.conf to allow dual booting, if it doesn't already:

other=/dev/hda4
  label=Win95
  table=/dev/hda

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."