Re: Pine configuration changed

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> In the latest (hamm) pine 3.96L-2,  I am getting asked (today, March 1)
> the question:
>
> To save disk space, delete old SENT mail folder "sent-mail-jan-1998" ?
>
> everytime I execute pine.  Formerly it was only asked once at the
> beginning of each month (maybe it will go away tomorrow!).
>
> I checked both ~/.pinerc and /etc/pine.conf and neither has anything
> specified for pruned-folders.  Is there a way to stop this?
>
> Bob

I had the same problem.  I discovered that it was ocurring because for some
reason I don't understand my ~/.pinerc file had acquired root permissions and
so couldn't be altered.  You need to change the permissions as root.

I don't know what can be done to prevent this from happening in the first
place.

--
Anthony Campbell	   Using Linux - Windows-free zone
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk