SCSI changes Interrupts?

I just got my Adaptec 152x SCSI adapter to work.... However, two weird
things happened in the process that I wonder if anyone could shed some
light on....

Firstly, before I got it to work, cat /proc/interrupts reported my PS2
mouse as being on IRQ 8,  "SoundScape" as being on IRQ 10, and had no
listing for "sound". After I got it to work by setting the jumpers on
the  SCSI adapter to IRQ 9, and giving the kernel the appropriate
parameters at boot time, cat /proc/interrupts reports the PS2 mouse on
IRQ 12, "sound" on IRQ 5, and does not list  "SoundScape" any more.
(The SoundScape support in the kernel is configured to use IRQ 10 for
MIDI, and IRQ 5 for "Audio"... (DSP?)).
Any ideas on the discrepancy?

Also, before it started working,  I tried setting the IRQ jumpers on 11.
(Not listed as in use by /proc/interrupts at the time), however, at boot
time, it failed to initalize that IRQ, and suggested that it might be
wrong......  So, after that I tried IRQ 9, (also not listed as in use),
which worked.
Any ideas on why it wouldn't work on an interrupt not listed as in use?
I suspect my /proc/interrupts is abit crazy, because even now that it
doesn't show the SoundScape on IRQ 10 any more, it still initalizes fine
on that IRQ at boot time, and I can still play mp3s fine. :).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the matter,
Timothy.

PS: I use aha152x=0x140,11,7,1 at boot time now. Can anyone fill me in
on what the '7' and '1' are about?....  The SCSI howto used them, but I
couldn't find anything on their significance.