Re: Lee: Re: smail Solution for Dynamic IP's

David Stern wrote:

> I don't understand why a correct header would be rejected.  I'd like to
> see some details for the basis to this claim, because I use the same
> address style as you and Daniel.  Please tell.

This is from /var/spool/smail/msglog/...  I broke it into multiple lines

  Xdefer: <alemas@ipa.net> reason: (ERR151) transport smtp: 451
  <bradshaw@freefall.home.bradshaw>... Domain must resolve.
  It is a criminal offense to send unsolicited e-mail to,from,or
  through this server.

The mail seems to be rejected based on the first line:

  from <bradshaw@freefall.home.bradshaw>

not:

  From: lee.bradshaw@mindspring.com (Lee Bradshaw)

If I set the visible name to mindspring.com, then the from looks like:

  from <bradshaw@mindspring.com>

Mindspring inserts a return path:

so my returned mail will go to another user.

I don't know how to get anything besides my user name onto the "from "
line.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee.bradshaw@mindspring.com (preferred)
Next Level Communications    bradshaw@nlc.com