DMA Bus Mastering Reset on WDC AC34300L

Hello,

I've just built a custom 2.0.33 kernel using the make-kpkg for a new ASUS
P/I-P55T2P4-based P150 Linux box with 64MB RAM (bo installed) and I get
the following error message:

hda: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
hda: disabled DMA
ide0: reset: success

Is it really safe to leave the Triton II Bus Mastering option on, as the
make config help reports, or should I give up on it?
While on the subject: Is it safe to use hdparm 3.1-2 from bo with the
version of kernel I'm setting up?

TIA for any help!

Cleto