Re: MX list for aaa.bbb.ccc points back to rrr.sss.ttt

On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 12:30:48AM -0300, Fernando Tadeu C Brandt wrote:
> I get the following
>
> 554 MX list aaa.bbb.ccc points back to rrr.sss.ttt
> 554 <user@aaa.bbb.ccc>... Local configuration error
>
> when I try to send a message to aaa.bbb.ccc.
> How can I fix the configuration at aaa.bbb.ccc?

Well, is aaa.bbb.ccc on the same machine as rrr.sss.ttt?
And if so, are they intended to be treated if so? If so,
then you should add aaa.bbb.ccc to the host list in /etc/smail/config;
if not, then you need to set up all the routers, transports etc
in /etc/smail, so there's no quick fix.

You need to tell us a bit more about aaa.bbb.ccc's relationship
to rrr.sss.ttt.

Hamish