Re: libc6 <-> libc5

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Selim Issever wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I upgraded to libc6,.. but now I need to compile libc5 o-files and link
> them together with other libc5 o-files,.. there is no possibility to
> recompile the old o-files, as I dont have the sources,..

Look at altgcc and the various -altdev packages for the librarys you need.
It is simple to use, once altgcc and the libraries you need are installed
(be sure to make sure the libc5-linked librarys are installed), you simply
need to prepend /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/bin to your path for altgcc to work
(alternatly, set CC to i486-linuxlibc1-gcc)

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/