Re: Problems with dual boot NT/linux

Richard Kilgore wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 11:36:00AM -0500, Richardson,Anthony wrote:
> > I suspect that the NT boot sector was somehow corrupted.  This
> > code reads   the NT boot.ini file and allows you to dual boot
> > between DOS/NT. You can restore the NT boot   sector.  You'll
> > need to make a set of (three) NT installation disks off of the
> > NT CD.  Boot to   disk one, and insert disk two when prompted.
> > Eventually you'll reach a menu asking if you want to   install
> > NT or fix a previously installed NT setup.  Take the "fix" or
> > "repair" option.  I don't remember   the exact set of menu
> > options, but when I did it all of the directions seemed to be
> > pretty clear.  The   whole process takes about 10 minutes tops.
>
> Another alternative for fixing the NT boot sector is to get
> BootPart at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/gvollant/bootpart.htm.
> This is a handy utility to have anyway.

Well, I tried to use bootpart and it says me that it has restore the NT
boot sector but when I reboot, the problem remains. I guess that the
problem is not only due to the boot sector because dos fdisk says that
he couldn't read my first hard drive. I guess I'll have to re-install NT
but I can't by now because my NT CD is not available. So, if someone
knows what's going on please tell me, otherwise I'll wait for my NT CD
to come back. Anyway, thanks to all the guys who tried to help me.

Abdel.