Re: Sending email(smail)

Adam Heath <adam.heath@usa.net> writes:

> I would like to have email that I send when offline be queued for later
> deliver when I connect.  How can I do this?

You didn't tell us which MTA you use. So I choose smail (if you don't run
smail, don't blame me if the following is useless to you).

If you install smail, it starts smailconfig. Choose option 1 (internet
site) and enter your ISP's smtp server as the smarthost.

You then can write mail offline and use "runq" to send it as soon you get
online (probably in /etc/ppp/ip-up).

Ciao,
	Martin