StarOffice-4.0 released [was: Re: Win95 and Linux:]

ewigin@SoftHome.net (Ender Wigin) writes:

> Acording to http://freshmeat.unreal.org Star Office 4 has been released
> for linux... (Haven't had time to confirm...)

I've downloaded and installed the new release at our institute.  There
is a separately available multiuser installation tool written by one
of the developers in his spare time (these guys seem to be real Linux
fanatics), which was developed to make the "~/StarOffice" directory
dramatically decrease in size by symlinking graphic files etc.

Replacing "/opt/StarOffice-4.0/bin/soffice" it checks upon startup if
there already exists a "~/.sofficerc" and if not installs the needed
user files into "~/StarOffice".  Works really fine here and saves lots
of disk space (700+ KB instead of 10+ MB) on multiuser systems:

"http://www.on-line.de/~michael.hoennig/AutoMultiUserSetupForSO40Linux.tar";

It's about 40960 KB in size.
                                   Ciao, P. *8^)
--