Problem with LaTeX in debian ?

	Hi all!
 I'm sorry if my problem is rather LaTeX, not debian specific...
Last time I unfortunately stopped LaTeX, when it was running
MakeTeXTFM. When I ran it again later, I received series of
messages, that some characters are unavailable in this
particular font, which was generated when I stopped MakeTeXTFM.
In the resulting dvi or ps file some characters were lacking.
Certainly the font was broken, and I was unable to fix it.
 Is there any possibility to force LaTeX to clear all fonts?
I couldn't find any information about it...

				Thank you in advance
				Wojtek Zabolotny
				wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl