Question for SysAdmins re: Debian, C++

Hello All,

    I am interested in learning system administration and security.
After looking at some of the system administration related sites, it
looks like I need to have a knowledge of is C++, among other things. Are
the any Debian packages where I can start some sort of self-tutorial?
I'm kind of doing this on my own.. (that's probably obvious :-)  Anyway,
if someone could make a recommendation or two on where I should start,
I'd certainly appreciate it!

   I'm still in the newbie stages here, but spending the time I can
trying to learn Linux, and thinking about a job change eventually, or
another line of work after I retire from my present employment...

   Many TIA's!

--
Steve
__