Re: Newbie Q: Color Xterms...

Mike Schmitz hat gesagt: // Mike Schmitz wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 1998 at 01:12:37PM -0900, Adam Shand wrote:
> >
> > Sorry everyone, I know this has been answered a billion times before...
> > but I can't find the answer.
> >
> > What is it I have to change to allow things like bitchx/mutt to run in
> > color inside an xterm?
>
> XTerm*customization:            -color
>
> in .Xresources

Plus: Some programs like it if you put

# Set COLORTERM for s-lang programs if this is a color terminal
#if [ "$TERM" = "xterm" -o "$TERM" = "linux" ]; then
        COLORTERM=y
        export COLORTERM
#fi

in /etc/profile.

--
  Yours 	              	<a href="http://www.koeln-online.de/einblick/";>
  Frank Barknecht		Das Koelner Stadt- und Unimagazin