Re: Why is debian "more of a learning curve" than Redhat???

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Asher Haig wrote:

> The mac makes it clear as to exactly what is being installed -- that's
> the biggest difference. It tells you what's happening. dpkg is better for
> doing stuff en masse and certain other things, but the mac is certainly
> easier, mainly because of presentation.

I just wanted to add that the Mac does not tell you _everything_ it is
installing. This simply is not true. With .sit .sea archives you can open
them up an look to see what is going to be installed. But the standard
Install program will give you a display of what the author wants you to
see being install as it also quietly slips things into your system folder
or resources into the System file.

Just my two bits.

--Eric Yocom

--
  If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.
   If you are really good, you will get out of it.