Re: WINE useage

BRIAN SCHRAMM writes:

>     I downloaded the latest version of Wine from the Wine web page.  I
>     extracted it and read the readme file for compiling it.  I found out
>     that I needed xpm and the x lib development on my system.  I then went
>     to dselect and installed the two libraries.  I then ran config and
>     make depend and make.  somewhere in the middle of it the make crashes
>     saying 'ld: cannot open -lXpm No such file or directory'.
>
>     Is there something that needs to be put in from the package system?
>     Maybe someone else has had good luck at compiling the 0118 wine file.
>     Any help would be beautiful

It's not clear from your post but did you install the xpm*-dev package
or just the xpm runtime package?  You probably need the xpm*-dev package
since it is calling the Xpm libraries to link against.  Also, if you did
install the xpm*-dev package try running 'ldconfig -p | grep Xpm' as root
and see if you get anything.  If you don't and have installed xpm*-dev
then run 'ldconfig' as root to rebuild the database.

Good luck,

Brian

p.s. I am speaking from experience not as a C programmer!

--
Mechanical Engineering				    servis@purdue.edu
Purdue University		    http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis