Question about network configuration

Hi everyone,

Let me try my question again:

I have installed Debian from my office (connected to the net through
an ethernet card, to make it fast) and now transported the computer
back home.

During the installation I set up the network to use my ethernet card,
but now I have to switch to PPP. How to do this?

In my previous life (slackware) there was this utility called
"netconfig" which made life easy. Is there any similar utility in
Debian?

If I have to do it "by hand", what are the exact changes I have to
make and what files are involved?

Sorry if this is a FAQ or if I just did not read the manual careful
enough...

Thanks in advance: Zsolt Frei