Re: Wordperfect with debian?

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, David Puryear wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed WordPerfect 7.0, and everything seems to work fine except
> printing. I can print, but the output is in only one font even if I use
> different font. Does anyone have any clue?
>
> I using Debian 1.3.1 mixed with hamm and linux 2.0.33, and printer is canon
> bjc-210.

I used the beta a bit and it seemed to handle all the fonts, installing a
PostScript driver and directing the output to lpr.  I did have a problem
which, AFAIK, all versions of WordPerfect have with the PostScript
driver...it prints fine, but I get a sheet of ghostscript errors after the
pring job (ghostscript 3.0.3 didn't do this however).

Somehow the beta expired after only a week instead of the ninety days it
was supposed to last, so I didn't give it much of a workout.  It seemed to
operate just like the Win95 version.

Bob

----
Tucson, AZ                  AMPRnet:  w6swe@01.w6swe.ampr.org