Re: configuring ftpd for anonymous access

I can't tell you how to fix your problem, but ftp is probably set to
prevent anonymous users from seeing files they shouldn't.  The
administrator has to configure the system to be more open instead of
configure it to be more closed.  This seems reasonable.  Most companies
I work with have an "incoming" directory where anonymous users can drop
files, but they can't see any filenames with "ls".

Maybe the philosophy behind the default configuration will help ease
your frustration while you look for the solution.  But I haven't set up
the ftp server yet, so I could be way off base.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee.bradshaw@mindspring.com (preferred)
Next Level Communications    bradshaw@nlc.com