Re: lp/ppa configuration; how to set to use printer?

On Thu, Jan 08, 1998 at 01:26:17PM -0600, Gregory Guthrie wrote:
> I have a Zip drive on lp0, and at boot time it is recognized (een if no
> disk inserted), and then I cannot use lp0 to print.
>
> The lsmod reports ls module loaded, no ppa module reported.
>
> How can I disable ppa, and print?

You need to recompile the kernel, with module support for the Zip.  You'll
find it in the SCSI section.  Alternatively, there is a kernel patch that
will allow you to use the pass-thru feature.  Info can be found at
http://www.torque.net/linux-pp.html

--
  Mike Schmitz     mschmitz@bend-or.com    http://www.bend-or.com/~mschmitz
  Don't blame me - I voted libertarian!    http://www.lp.org/