Re: IDE CD-ROM-Driver

"Weinrich, 383, NL CE" wrote:
  >After booting from a: with the rescue disk, my CD-ROM device is not
  >detected. It's installed through the Adaptec (former FUTURE DOMAIN)
  >IDE-16002 - Card on the second controller. Is there any driver for this
  >card avaiable? And how could I install it when I'm booting from a:?

The second IDE controller has devices /dev/hdc (master) and /dev/hdd (slave)
The driver is the standard IDE driver included in the rescue disk's kernel.
Try telling the installation program to use one of these devices.
(Also see the boot help screens, i seem to remember that there's a booting
option for specifying the CD-ROM.)

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a £25 administration charge.