Re: exmh questions

lee.bradshaw@mindspring.com (Lee Bradshaw) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm considering using exmh for my mail reader.  I want to filter mail
> into different folders and be able to see which folders have messages in
> them.  Suggestions of other mail readers with this feature would be
> welcome.
> --
> Lee Bradshaw                 lee.bradshaw@mindspring.com

I don't know anything about exmh, but there are some alternatives.
I use gnus (part of emacs/xemacs) to filter and read both e-mail and
netnews.  My e-mail box currently looks like (the entries with ...
following them mean that entry is collapsed):

[ Gnus -- 51 ]
       1: nnml:jcl
       8: nnml:inbox
       0: nnml:dean
       3: nnml:talk
       0: nnml:comap-advisors
       0: nnml:comap-l
       0: nnml:duplicates
  [ Debian -- 18 ]
         0: nnml:announce
         4: nnml:user
         7: nnml:devel
         2: nnml:testing
         1: nnml:doc
         4: nnml:mentors
  [ EOU -- 11 ]...
  [ Lists -- 0 ]...
  [ News -- 0 ]...
  [ Friends -- 10 ]...
  [ Students -- 0 ]...
  [ old -- 0 ]

If you use (x)emacs, this might be a good choice.

--Norris

--
Norris Preyer			(541) 962-3310 (office)
Physics Program			(541) 962-3873 (fax)