Re: using news

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, G. Crimp wrote:

> So, I need to be on-line to read ?  If I wanted to read
> off-line, I would need to maintain a local news spool,
> which is part of the server, therefore I need to be running
> a local server as well ?

Hi!

If you are now looking for a real-easy-to-configure-and-maintain news
server for you PC take a look at Debian's "leafnode" package. It has it's
own news fetch program and determins itself, which newsgroups are of
interest by testing, if there was an access to a group within the last two
weeks.

Give it a try!

Bye

Daniel Gross