Re: Install debian with serial port as console?

dg@bingo.baynet.de wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Larry Owens wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to install debian on a PC that does
> > not have a video card or keyboard?  I would like to set up a linux
> > system that would use a modem attatched to a serial port as the only
> > console.
>
> Hi Larry!
>
> Does a PC work without a keyboard??? Mine is allways complaining about a
> "Keyboard Failure" when I do not have a keyboard connected!

On a lot of systems, in the BIOS you can choose 'No Keyboard'
or 'Halt on no error' to just blow by the 'missing' keyboard.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
       "It is a damned poor mind indeed that can't think of at