Re: Network Neighborhood and IPmasquerading

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 05:46:19PM -0500, Will Lowe wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got a machine,  A,  that connects to network N via a ppp link to
> machine M.  I'm planning to masquerade machine B through A (A will have
> masq installed and run ipfwadm,  B will talk to the world through it).
>
> If net N has some windows machines,  and B is a windows machine,  is there
> any way that B can talk to the windows machines on N in things like
> Network Neighborhood?

This is just my understanding and may not be correct. First, you will
need to be able to masq the SMB protocol, and I'm not sure this can be
done. If so then for machine B to see tha other windows machine in
network neighborhood you will need to setup the lmhosts file on B
(i forget where it is exactly) which is similar in usage to
/etc/hosts in that it tells B where other machines are.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org