Re: LILO hassles

I had similar problem before. My setup is similar to yours: NT on /dev/hda1 and Linux
on /dev/hdb1. I use NT boot loader to choose which partition to boot. To solve the
problem, I boot from a Linux boot floppy and login as root. Run lilo (this rewrite the
boot sector). Reboot to NT and use bootpart (or you can use dd command in Linux before
you reboot, see http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader-5.html for
detail) to get the boot sector. Replace the old linux boot sector with the new one and
you are all set. Hope this can help.

Tongyu Wang