mounting W95 partitions

  I need to mount my Windows 95 partitions from the Debian 2.0 setup.  I
keep getting errors that say I am trying to mount an extended partition.
Well, guess what?  That's exactly what I'm trying to do!  Just what is
Linux's syntax for these DOS extended partitions that Windows puts all
those drive letters on?  I've tried /dev/hda1 and so on, and I've tried
combinations from /dev, but nothing works.  What's the secret password?

 _ () _-- __()       Ted Llewellyn
    )  _--  /