Re: Unidentified subject!

Helen_J_Lawrence@sbphrd.com wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can load Linux onto a Toshiba Prestege 300CT??  I
> created a copy of the bost disks from the web site (along with the base
> files on disk) yet I cannot get Linux to start.  Everytime I try to boot,
> the computer restarts.  I tried the other Toshiba boot files and got the
> same problem.

Is that a laptop?  If so you should take a look at the Linux
Laptop homepage to find out if Linux runs on your machine and
if it needs some modifications.

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi