Re: power outage now linux problem

AJ wrote:
> ok the power in my house just went out and when linux tries to boot it
> goes and checks my inodes and junk and then gets to a part and says:
>
> Problem: block on freelist at 06fbbc90 isnt free
>
> over adn over and doesnt boot it lets me type but i have no clue what to
> do..

I'd try to boot Linux into single user mode and repair the fs manually.

At the LILO prompt enter "linux single" (if that's not sufficient you
could also add "init=/bin/sh") and issue the command
"e2fsck -fpy /dev/hd<whatever>"

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi