From: john@dhh.gt.org [mailto:john@dhh.gt.org]
Sent: Friday, December 25, 1998 19:46
To: BOHICA
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Modem trouble, Please help!!

BOHICA writes:
> btw: I have noticed that I no longer need any passwords to login, not
> even as root!

Worser and worser.

> Could this be related to the self-healing?

Could be.  If so, I'm wrong about pcmcia.  This begins to sound like a bug
in boot-floppies, but I would have though someone else would have seen it
by now.  I believe that there are some self-removing install scripts.
Perhaps one of them was not removed.  Could you hunt around for odd-looking
scripts?